So yesterday I got all excited about having specific goals and making time to accomplish them and hit the gym. What a fool I was. Because of course, that's the day my aunt and uncle decide they need my help all afternoon before babysitting tonight. And not only that, but little H had a bad night and I literally (EFFING LITERALLY) had to hold him or he would start screaming. He's normally very well behaved, but I had to hold him in one position for more than four hours. My back is still killing me. I couldn't sit down because he'd start screaming. I couldn't even shift him or he'd start screaming. My ear is still ringing a little bit and I can't straighten out my right arm. But more importantly, I was able to get less than two hours of work in yesterday. LESS THAN TWO HOURS?!? What the hell do my aunt and uncle think I'm doing out here? Really? Not only that, but they woke me up nice and early tonight. Did the dishwasher really need to be unloaded in frustration after H started fussing at 8 am? Thanks. Thanks so much for that. Because I'm still exhausted and I'm babysitting again tonight, and they 'need my help' all weekend. I need Tuesday to get here as fast as it can.
Oh, TUESDAY! The first bit of good news! I still haven't told my aunt and uncle, who will undoubtedly be upset that their free baby-labor will be leaving, but I have a place to stay! It's not cheap, but I should be able to actually get things done, which is a huge relief. Because as much as I've been trying (and I have), I've been getting so little done that it's really disgusting. I can't even believe how little time I've gotten.
But that all should change now! I will have more time to write, more freedom to do all the things I need to do for my acting career, I'll have cell phone reception, I'll be able to have privacy when I need it (and even when I don't) and I'll be encouraged because I'll be staying with a friend who is super-motivated and is amazing at organization and getting things done. This will be very good for me. Now if only I could get the energy up to tell my aunt and uncle (dilemma is that this living situation is only for 6 weeks, and won't quite last me all the way until the rest of the crew gets out here, so I'll need a place to stay for the two weeks after the friend returns from Europe).
Phew. I'll have no more excuses in four days, and I'm looking forward to that!
-D
No comments:
Post a Comment