Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day Twenty Nine - It's Effing Late!!!

So it's now 3 am. I only got home 30 minutes ago and I've spent the time in between making sure I remember who I met tonight. I went to an AWESOME networking event after a very good day of learning things at The Actors Network. It was amazing. And this is after having a great day yesterday that included an amazing concert!

Also I have to include a PS for someone that reads this blog that isn't imaginary: I talked to a couple of people I met at the concert about the Hotel Cafe, and they suggested I go. So I'm definitely going to do that now! And YOU know why...

At this concert, I MET ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS!!!! It was their show and it was amazing. They were so nice and cool and genuine and badass. They're even going to do me a favor (which is a secret because it's going to blow the mind of a friend who is back in Colorado). It was so cool, their new stuff is great and I'm very excited about their new album!

Today was AWESOME! I got some funding for my web series, did some excellent networking! 'Pitched' the web series to the woman who will be deciding whether or not it will premier on the website we're targeting (she said she liked the premise!?!?!?). Also, she's awesome, and I hope I get to hang out with her more. I hope I don't become creepy-actor-after-jobs-y around her. I've got to make sure I don't get all desperate! Also, her husband was the COOLEST. Great advice, great conversation. He spent a nice long time telling us about a pitch that he's turning into a pilot for AMC. I'm excited to see where it goes because the idea is pretty sweet.

I also met the sound guy for the web series, pitched a possible director (who seemed to like the idea) and we confirmed our DP (who has her own fancy high quality HD camera!) and made all sorts of good progress in every way! Next will be location scouting, which I will suck at because I'm new to town...hopefully I'll figure it out!!

Anyway, I just want to say that you are all awesome. In your own special way, I know that to be true.
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment