Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day One - The New Plan

Today is a Tuesday. Since moving to LA, my Tuesdays have included working out in the mornings, as have my Thursdays and Sundays. Well I missed this past Sunday and I'm not going to work out today. Instead, I'm going to work on creating a schedule that includes working out at least 5 days/week, plus writing goals and mini personal deadlines. Also, I really, really need to finish a Spec Script I've been working on for a while. It needs to be done and I'm not quite there yet, which has been frustrating. It has to be perfect, and I feel like I'm no longer a good judge of that with this script. But I have to be, so today will be spent finishing it and making it amazing!

Person of the day: There is a person in my life who just interviewed to be a Weight Watchers Guide. She has been a member for some time and has enjoyed the organization and their ideals and methods. This job would mean she leads meetings, gives advice, counsels and...well, guides people in their quest for healthy and happy weight loss. It's a job she's perfect for, as she has been through the process, and because she has been doing the same for me. I have very unhealthy eating habits and she has done wonders in changing the way I think about eating, snacking and how I feel about myself. She's a big part of the reason why I am now exercising regularly, among other things. I am hoping that she hears back from them soon and they've got space for her! She is quite an inspiration.

OK, now for an opinion. WHY THE HELL ARE PAINTINGS OF FRUIT SO DAMN POPULAR!?!?!? I understand landscapes, portraits, abstract stuff, flowers, cityscapes, blank canvases, really short people, dogs, paintings of paintings, religious imagery, non-religious imagery, imaginary imagery, things that are way over there, very large objects, paintings that look like maps, doorways, walkways, sideways, billiards, balls, billiard balls, me, you (imaginary readers...), that one guy, Queen Elizabeth, any other Queen, Princes, Kings, Princesses, children of rich people, ugly children of rich people, beautiful children of not-so-rich people, Italy, most anywhere else, just about anything...but FRUIT?!?!
This must be a plot by fruit-growers everywhere to get people thinking about consuming their (delicious, yes) products. Why do I want to look at a painting of apples, when I could just go look in the fruit bowl in the kitchen?!? And pears? You know what? I think they look WAY better in person! I guess I appreciate the ability to capture the essence of fruit on canvas...wait, the essence of fruit? What the HELL does that mean? The essence of fruit would just be sugary fruit juice! And frankly, paintings of fruit are nothing more than tree-porn. Yes. You heard it here first, folks. All you collectors of fruit paintings are contributing to the pornography problem that our fruit-bearing trees have. Not only are they spilling their seed EVERYWHERE, but we collect it and then paint it?!? If we did that to human "seed" you would all be mortified! Why is it any different with the trees? I say it isn't. So, who's with me in protesting fruit-paintings...

Anyway, I hope this post finds you well, my lovely imaginary readers. It is a dreary day here in Los Angeles, the first since I arrived. I hope if the sun isn't shining down upon you, your heart is shining brightly enough to light your way.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment