Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day Five - Mind The Gap

Is today Day five or is it day three? It's entry number three, but I skipped a couple of days...oops!

First comes the opinion: If aliens existed and decided to come to Earth, do you really think they'd be trying to colonize it for resources? There aren't all that many resources left. At no point in history were there fewer resources than there are now.

So, I spent all yesterday evening looking at pictures of myself (before you ask what makes me that vain, I was looking at headshots and trying to choose the best few) and it started to freak me out a little bit. Now, nobody's face is perfectly symmetrical, but after staring at photos of mine, the asymmetrical-ness of it appeared to get worse and worse. By the end of the night, I felt like I was looking at a portrait of myself painted by Dali or Picasso. It was more than a little unnerving! The rest of the day will be spent cutting down the 35 that I've chosen to between 5 and 8 to send back to the photographer. He'll then fix them up and I can start printing headshots! That means I'll be able to start submitting myself for auditions and to agents! WooHoo!!!

Today's person is my Sister. She's a badass. She doesn't know exactly what she wants to do in life, but she's kicking butt at figuring it out. She keeps finding things she loves without meaning to. She now works with primates in a Brain and Cognitive Sciences lab, which is not at all what she thought she'd be doing. She has discovered that she loves it and while she doesn't know where it will lead, she is excited to find out. Before I knew what I was doing with my life, I floundered for a while, but she never seemed to run into that problem. She was able to just seamlessly slide into a different life path without any consternation or confusion. That's impressive!

Today, we'll see if I can get the energy up to work out. I've been having issues with that, but I need to get over it and just do it! Hopefully you are having a splendid day filled with sunshine (unless you're in LA with me...) and awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment