Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Fifty - A Week With Friends

So tomorrow I fly back to Boulder for nearly a week to see my girlfriend, my friends and some Buffaloes Football (hooray for spring games!)! I'm excited, but I'll also have plenty of work to do during that week both writing-wise and as a producer. I also have to spend a little time today preparing for a production meeting I've got tonight with my other Executive Producer, possibly my Associate Producer, my Director and my DP. We all will get acquainted, talk business, discuss some stuff on the creative side, and hopefully begin to get them on the same page as me. That way, when the weekend we shoot rolls around, I can focus on acting and leave all of the creative (and most of the producer-things) stuff to them. Especially since this is my first time doing anything like this, I definitely want to have as much of my energy and focus directed towards my acting on set as possible. Maybe down the road I'll be able to handle more of the other duties in between takes, but I'm not sure I'm quite that good yet.

I'm babysitting for the afternoon and evening before running a quick errand and then hurrying back down to Culver City where our meeting is. I'm excited because my fellow Exec Producer is picking up the tab. Phew. I need me some free food. And he's willing to pay because it's a business meeting, which is great!

That reminds me, I need to send out an email or two to my cast. Man this is a lot of work! Definitely going to try to get another friend of mine to move out to LA for future projects. She is a phenomenal Stage Manager currently residing in NY, but she is planning on visiting LA for a while in a month, and hopefully if I've got more projects on the docket (which I don't at the moment, but hopefully will soon) I'll be able to convince her to be on board and to come out for the duration of each project. Once my crew and I get our own place, she will be super-welcome to stay with us, and that would help me out a ton, especially because on future projects I'm budgeting enough for a quality Line Producer/Co-Producer/Script Supervisor/whatever title she wants as long as she keeps me organized. That's her specialty, and I want her involved.

I mean, I'm already working on getting other friends to move to LA. I've got great friends, and I just want to keep them close. There's nothing wrong with that...right?

OK, I need to crank out a little work while my cousin is asleep. Love to every single one of you!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment