Now, people will do some pretty extreme things to "stand out," though it usually involves dressing in the exact same manner as other people who want to do the very same thing. The idea of "standing out" is an interesting notion to begin with. How can one be different? Well, simply put, one cannot be different. In the grand scheme of things, we're all the same. One might be able to, by wearing a half-mustache, appear different than those immediately surrounding him, but somebody will have done it first. At this point in human history, the chance that any one person can do something original, something that no significant number of people have ever done is about the same chance that this blog post will change someone's life.
Exploring the goings-on of my Brain and what it decides I should be thinking about.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Fashion "Statements"
So, I was waiting at a bus stop on Sunday (for a bus) and I noticed an extremely interesting person walking by. Well, I cannot actually know if he was interesting or not, but I can say that he did have an interesting feature on his face. He had half-stache, which is to say he had half of a mustache. There were the beginnings of a fu-man-shu (sp.) on his left side, and just past his philtrum, there was nothing. He was clean shaven on the right. I did a double-take, because I'd never seen anything like it before (although I have experimented whilst shaving, I always finish the job). I found it to be pretty ridiculous, which of course led me to ask the great question, "why?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what the hell is a philtrum?? whatever it is, I'm so impressed that you know this word!!!
ReplyDelete